Services: Applied Behavior Analysis
Applied behavior analysis (ABA) is the use of these techniques and principles to bring about meaningful and positive change in behavior. Services are provided by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and highly skilled behavior technicians.
Today, ABA is widely recognized as a safe and active treatment for autism and related disorders. It has been endorsed by the U.S. Surgeon General and Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration.
Over the last decade, our nation has seen a particularly dramatic increase in the use of ABA to help persons with autism live happy and productive lives.
A variety of skills can be targeted using the science of ABA, ranging from improvement of play and leisure skills, adaptive skills, communication skills, social skills, to addressing toilet training issues, various sleep and eating issues, as well as problem behaviors. An individualized plan is created to meet the needs of children and their families. Therapy may occur in the child’s home, daycare, school other community settings.
MTS Health Services behavior analysts and clinicians include Masters level and PhD level therapists with degrees in applied behavior analysis, counseling, psychology, education, school psychology and social work. Many hold State or Board certifications in behavior analysis and others are Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists.
MTS Health Services also has a particular proficiency in direct consultation which includes residential and group home settings, adult training facilities, family settings, school consultation and staff development. Services entail conducting comprehensive assessments, development of program components, and implementation of therapeutic treatment, data collection, measurement, analysis, intervention and monitoring. In addition, MTS Health Services complies with all federal and state regulations by providing necessary in-service and orientation trainings.
• Specializing in Behavior Analysis Services.
• Utilizing the most current evidence-based practices and applications of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
• Concentrated services in community and school-based settings.
• Incorporating a multidisciplinary approach including behavior modification and cognitive behavioral therapy techniques and counseling approaches to obtain optimum results.
• Extensive experience involving regulatory compliance, survey & quality enhancement in field of developmental disabilities.
• Demonstrated expertise with Medicaid populations including behavioral and medical issues and the coordinated treatment of individuals with significant health care needs.